Friday, December 3, 2010

A tree has a complex structure with its winding branches growing upwards towards the sky, defying gravity while
twisting in unpredictable patterns. It takes patience to draw these with their countless leaves, twigs, and 
branches. This is why I chose trees for my concentration in AP Drawing last year. I wanted to develop more 
patience and skill behind my art. I wanted to illustrate trees in such ways that would enhance and show off their 
complexity. I wanted the viewer to only focus on the tree itself.

The trees illustrated in these pieces were the most elegant indoor tree-plants that I have ever seen. They stood 
ten or so feet tall with a thin base with a possible diameter of five inches, and at the top, an explosion of leaves 
greeted the onlooker. I just had to draw them.  




metamadeleine.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment